Monday, August 28, 2006

O Canada?

Trying really hard to wrap my mind around this one. Doug has always wanted his own business and *we* have a wonderful opportunity to do so. But it most likely involves moving to Toronto. And we're not talking in a year or two - we are talking like Jan-March!!! So I need some help here - lots of cons because "I yam wut I yam" but in the long run I know this will be good for us - Honeybunch (that's Doug to you all) this is not a post about why I don't want to go, this is a post to help me prepare to go.

Pros -

Kids like snow

I could use some of the 6 years of French I took

Gov't pays for your healthcare (not sure if that good but I hear it is)

Moving to another country sounds "exotic"

Niagra falls is close - barrels are handy :)))

Cons:

Moving sucks

I hate moving

Selling a house sucks - keeping it spotless to show to potential buyers sucks

I am tired of fixing things the way I want them and then having to leave them

I don't want to make Morgan change schools

The last time we moved we had 4 animals and lost two

I hate extended winters

I am scared!

3 Comments:

Blogger LauraHinNJ said...

Wow, Michelle.

Talk to the PB people from Canada - maybe they can give you the inside scoop.

I wouldn't worry too much about your daughter - she's young, she'll adapt. When she's in high school it might be a hardship for her.

Id be scared too. But also excited.

How far would you be from family?

8/28/2006  
Blogger Susan Gets Native said...

Jeepers...
Back in 2000, and again in 2004, we would have jumped at the chance of moving to Canada! :-)
But yes, moving sucks. I look around my office and the thought of just packing up THIS rooms makes my eye twitch.
But Canada could be tres cool!

8/28/2006  
Blogger Michelle said...

Family is in VA and WI so quite a way away.

New developments are occurring, stay tuned.

9/01/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home