Friday, August 25, 2006

Spam, Spam, and More Spam!!!!

Ya gotta love Eric Idle, he is by far my favorite Monty Python member. But the Spam he speaks of in this skit is not the Spam I am grumbling about in today's post.

The Spam we shall speak of today is the solicitations that come via snail mail, e-mail, telephone (thank goodness for caller id), and.....Fax!!!!! While all of them bug the living stew out of me, none bothers me as much as the Fax. As previously stated, a substantial part of my business is via fax. So when my fax rings, I assume it is business related. I get somewhere between 3 and 5 of these stupid faxes a day. Nevermind my trecking up the stairs to my office to see what it is when the fax rings, what bugs me the most is the fact that all the other forms of Spam may be irritating and take a little of my time to get rid of, but the Fax Spam actually costs me money. It's my ink, my paper. Do people really respond to these solicitations? I get so many about "Dream Vacations at Employee Prices" and "Undisclosed Special Mortgage Rates" that it boggles the mind.

They always have numbers to call if you don't want to receive the faxes anymore, but it has been my experience that this only confirms a valid fax number to the sender. Grrrrrrrr.

I understand the need to market your business but I find it incredibly rude to use other people's resources for your purpose. I can delete email, not answer phone calls, trash junk mail, but these faxes are insane and they come at all hours of the day. Thank goodness Jack loves to shred paper, he at least enjoys "his faxes".

6 Comments:

Blogger Susan Gets Native said...

Amen, Michelle! We finally got rid of our fax because the only things we were getting were those dumb things. We do all of our business (my DH and I both work at home) through email. I was tempted quite a few times to send a bill for my ink cartridges to these stupid people.

8/25/2006  
Blogger Susan Gets Native said...

BTW, I love Monty Python!

8/25/2006  
Blogger LauraHinNJ said...

My pet peeve:

Those companies that call you with a recorded message. Ring my phone and interrupt me so that I can listen to a recorded message. S**ew that!

8/25/2006  
Blogger Michelle said...

Oh how I wish I could use email instead - but HIPPA demands dedicated lines or some serious encryption which is a pain.

The Last Supper skit is probably one of my favorites - I could watch Live at the Hollywood Bowl over and over and never tire of it :)

Laura - what about those automated calls that check to see if someone answers before the real person gets on the phone, arghhhh. Caller ID is your friend!

8/27/2006  
Blogger Susan Gets Native said...

HIPPA? So do you do medical transcription, or something like that?

8/27/2006  
Blogger Michelle said...

Yes Susan, I do medical billing.

8/28/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home