Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Temporary One
Isn't she cute? This is Toodles. She is a bunny that we are fostering while she recovers from a broken leg. Toodles was the victim of a dog attack and her owners would not provide care for her, and were going to eat her *gasp* if she didn't get better. The vet was able to convince the owners to surrender her and Amy from Cats & Rabbits & More posted about her on Petbunny. Since it was basically in my own backyard I couldn't not help. She spent a week at the vets without pain meds waiting for the "family" to decide to turn her over.
She has been here 6 weeks now, and has delighted us with her wonderful personality. She is such a sweet rabbit and just melts when you pet her. She has been getting more play time lately since her leg has healed and she can do some amazing binkies! She loves to be out and about and has extremely good litter habits. Peyton has adopted her :) I don't know what he will do when she finds her forever home! It will be hard for me to let her go too, I hope it will be someone that will keep in touch with us. I wish I could keep her, but I have to realize my limit.
Bunnies are so special, and how anyone could deny any animal care is something that I cannot comprehend at all. So if anyone knows of a special family looking for an exceptional rabbit, let me know! Toodles deserves a family that will love her forever and shower her with affection each and every day.

3 Comments:

Blogger LauraHinNJ said...

I've always wanted an all white bunny.... sigh.

Is Peyton that attached to all the bunnies or just Toodles? Very sweet - Toodles has her own dog.

8/23/2006  
Blogger Susan Gets Native said...

Thanks to Laura, I now know what binkies are...I'm not a rabbit owner, but everything else lives under our roof.
She's a cutie. Any chance she will be staying forever?

8/23/2006  
Blogger Michelle said...

Gah Susan!!!!!!!! Hush!!!!! DH reads the blog too :)))))

I wish she could stay. But I would really rather find a wonderful home for her - say..... you don't have a bunny...... We could bunderground her to you LOL!!

Laura - today's post will answer your question!

8/24/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home