Monday, August 21, 2006


Funny Names

"A stranger's a friend you just don't know"

Thanks Big Audio Dynamite :) Somehow this seems fitting with the blog! I am out of ideas today, so I thought I would do a bit about how we all got our names.

Doug - Douglass Randolphe - His mom was on some serious pain meds when he was born and spelled both his names wrong - you have no idea how many "official" documents we have that have his name with 1 s and no e LOL.

Michelle - Well, my Dad refused to accept the fact that I might be a girl so there was no female name picked out, I was supposed to be Michael, but when I popped out missing parts I was named Michelle.

Chandler - We were fans of the show Friends, what can I say?

Morgan - We bought all the baby name books and had many discussions, but one day on the way to work (still remember sitting at the stoplight) Morgan Haley jumped into my head.

Peyton - Had Morgan been a boy this would have been her name and I wasn't going to waste all that thought so when we got him he got the name!

Chopper - He was almost Basil. But his ears are helicoptered so Chopper seemed to fit.

Tinkerbell - Doug named her. Long story I am not ready to get into.

Tater Tot - Again, Doug named him. He's so small I wanted to name him something contrary (kinda like I want a Flemmie someday to name Tiny) but Tater Tot stuck - DH didn't appreciate it after the neuter when I was calling him Tater Tot-less!

Mopsy - came with the name, but it's cute.

Jack - ditto

Paul - came as Pheobe and as I said, I am not creative :)

Tigger - Morgan named him because of his colors.

Steve - I wanted to name him something exotic like Calypso but again, Doug named him. Steve really seems to fit because it's a "people" name and Steve definitely thinks he's a people.

3 Comments:

Blogger LauraHinNJ said...

Doug seems to be respondible for a lot of the naming in your family!


Love the Tater Tot-less story! My DH used to call Mr. Bean *tiny* - but it didn't fit him.

Names are hard to come pick - best to just let them come along.

8/22/2006  
Blogger Susan Gets Native said...

That picture looks like "the New village People".
I did a post a while back about the pet's names, but maybe I will do a post about our names, too!

8/22/2006  
Blogger Michelle said...

Susan that would be great. I feel like such a dufus sometimes because I am no good at names - that's why naming Morgan terrified me :))))))

8/22/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home