Thursday, August 24, 2006


Species Challenged
This cartoon has hung on my credenza in my office for years. How appropriate to answer Laura's question. Yes! Peyton is that way with all the rabbits. It's just that Toodles is confined most of the day so he is able to nap with her without her running away. He really does love the rabbits, it's uncanny. He will try to lay where they lay, and being the "snobs" they are they get up and move. Poor guy. They like him, and will come up to him and let him lick them, but they won't snuggle and it's painfully obvious that that's what he wants.
Toodles seems to genuinely want to play with him. When he is barking and playing with his "baby" she will binky about in her cage "Lemme play toooooo!" - makes me second guess the whole dog attack thing, she's not the least bit afraid of them.
So poor Peyton, who tries desperately to be a cat, dog, rabbit (cadogbit?) has a wonderful friend in Toodles. I do wish she could stay, but I cannot work it out in my head how I can manage 11 animals, or where she would go if we did keep her - she can't live in the living room forever :(

3 Comments:

Blogger Susan Gets Native said...

Hey, don't sweat all the animals, Michelle! I counted today and we have 18!
I added your blog to my list, because you are hilarious and need more exposure!
(No creeps on my blog)

8/24/2006  
Blogger LauraHinNJ said...

Susan - she is hilarious, isn't she?!

Sorry Michelle for talking about you like you aren't *here*. LOL.

Poor Peyton - are he and Chandler friends? He just wants somebunny to snuggle with him!

Toodles could always live in the bedroom (sorry Doug!)

8/24/2006  
Blogger Michelle said...

You all are too kind! I had worried that Laura felt obligated to read, nice to hear that it is entertaining.

Susan - thanks for adding me to your blog list. 18? And you don't have rabbits??? Do tell.

Laura - Doug says if you keep encouraging me I can't talk to you anymore :)))) Peyton and Chandler are great friends. But as Chandler ages he wants more time to himself when he naps. I had the special treat today of a 15 min siesta on the couch with him. Peyton keeps Chandler young though, they love to play. I am a bunny person, but dog's are my first love and I am happy to be able to share them with you all.

8/25/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home