Thursday, October 19, 2006

An Interesting Experience
I don't have any pictures to go with this post but thought I would share a rather pleasant experience that I had yesterday. I received my first acupuncture treatment to relieve stress and anxiety as well as help with sleep. Even though I had experience with it because we had taken Hazel (bunny rabbit) for treatments for her arthritis, I was still a little apprehensive as to what it would feel like. I was definitely open to the effectiveness of acupuncture as I had seen the results from Hazel and obviously a rabbit is not going to be subjective to or skeptical of the treatment - it either works or it doesn't if you know what I mean.
Anywho, they placed 4 pins in each ear and it felt a bit like putting an earring in (not getting your ears pierced but kind of just a little pressure) and left them in for about 40 minutes. I felt sort of calm and meditative during this time and afterwards was just in general a bit more relaxed. And then, AND THEN!!! last night I got one of the best nights sleep I have had in quite some time :))))) I will be going back tomorrow for another round, it's sort of a cumulative process where you go frequently at first then taper off to a maintenance kind fo situation. I am very pleased that I gave it a shot, chalk that up to another lesson from Hazel!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Susan Gets Native said...

Wow. You have nerve.
If it works, go for it.
Learning life lessons from a rabbit...hey, I've seen stranger things!
Lol

10/19/2006  
Blogger LauraHinNJ said...

Can't imagine that it didn't hurt - those needles are long, aren't they?

Hope it will continue to work for you!

I think my brother used to go for back pain - worked for him when nothing else would.

10/19/2006  
Blogger Michelle said...

It's really not bad at all - and I am terrified of needles so that says a lot. The needles are long but they don't go in very far.

Rabbits know more than you think they do ;)

10/20/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home