Sunday, October 22, 2006

Share??? What is this word share????

Excuse the pooties - I didn't vaccuum yesterday.
French Lops are all about the food. This is Tinkerbell in her normal position everynight after I feed her and Chopper their pellets. She will dig and drag one bowl over to her and lay on the other one. Saving it for later I suppose. Chopper will be in mid bite and Tink will grab the bowl and pull it away from him to her. I have even caught her laying across the salad plate. And this is a rabbit that has never missed a meal in her life. No idea where she gets this hoarding behavior from.
I spoke with my friend Eileen tonight who also has a frenchie and she said that Benny Bunny (who looks just like Chopper only he's bigger than Tinkerbell) does a similarly greedy thing to his mate - he will keep his big ole head in the food bowl so his wife cannot get any pellets.
None of my other rabbits have issues with sharing (though they do each have other ish-yooz) so I find it interesting that my experience has been that it is a trait of the French Lop.
Tinka Da Stinka. What a hoot she is.

5 Comments:

Blogger LauraHinNJ said...

Oh that is funny! Are you sure you feed her enough?!!

I wonder if it isn't a girl thing too. Cricket steals all the carrot and apple bits before Boomer even has a chance.

10/22/2006  
Blogger Susan Gets Native said...

No worries about the mess.
What's a few pooties between friends?

10/22/2006  
Blogger Michelle said...

Laura, I don't know - maybe it is a female thing, maybe we need to figure out how to let them know they aren't eating to prepare for motherhood!

Susan - spoken like a true animal lover :)))

10/23/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there! Your pets are adorable! My bunny's vet told me that pellets shouldn't be used to feed pet rabbits--he said they were only developed to fatten rabbits up for the meat market. :(
I feed my rabbit unlimited timothy hay plus vegetables, and according to the vet, she will live a longer, sleeker, happier life as a result. With that said, any dietary changes for your buns should be gradual, so as not to shock their systems...

10/26/2006  
Anonymous Kelinci said...

Cute your bunny.
Kelinci

10/29/2015  

Post a Comment

<< Home