Saturday, September 02, 2006

"I Could Hide Out Under There"


"I just made you say underwear"

(Barenaked Ladies - Pinch Me)

Okay, okay. I'll try to stop with the lyrical references :) but I had wanted to post about the bunnies and I couldn't help myself with this one. LOL.

Bunnies are so comical - but you have to pay attention, they can be very subtle. And they LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOve their hidey spots. Poor Auntie Patricia, everytime she visits, Chopper is holed up either in his castle or behind the shelf thingy in his room. I always have to shoo him out so she can say Hi!

The first picture is of my beloved Hazel and one of the last ones I took of her. She had lost the use of her back legs but still got around and enjoyed her tunnel. *sniff*

I was thinking about Tinkerbell's name the other day and how appropriate it is. If you remember Peter Pan, Tinkerbell is not exactly sweet and innocent. Our Tink is the same, she's just so danged cute, but she's also a brat. She's precocious ("she's got Betty Davis eyes", Carly Simon - really I will stop now ;) )

Bunnies are not for everyone, they are a royal pain inna patootie sometimes, but if you take the time to understand them they are the most amazing animals. I love my rabbits so very very much, and it is hard for some people to understand, but I think if people who don't know would take a moment to try to see what we "bunnyfolk" see the world would be a much better place.

Off to hug a bunny, Chopper will be thrilled I am sure...................

3 Comments:

Blogger LauraHinNJ said...

You're preaching to the choir, you know.

Hazel!.... hugs to you.

The pic of Tink made me laugh because she makes the castle look so tiny. Does she try to climb up in it?

Bunnies don't do much to sell themselves to strangers. Whenever I have friends over they go into hiding and all my friends see is the hay and pooties scattered everywhere. ;-(

Last Christmas I had my DH's family for dinner and I came into the office here to find my brother-in-law spread out on the floor nose-to-nose with Dora. Warmed my heart to see another bunny lover in the family! Surprised too that she trusted him enough to allow that.

9/02/2006  
Blogger Susan Gets Native said...

Your song references are so cool, Michelle. I too find that I can throw myself into a song just about anytime. Someone says the words "Our house" and I am singing "Our house, in the middle of our street, our house..."
:-)
And I can see why bunny-philes like you and Laura are so enamored. I wish more folks would understand me about my rats.

9/02/2006  
Blogger Michelle said...

Laura - what a wonderful BIL you must have. I can admit as well it does my heart good to see people you wouldn't normally expect drawn to the rabbits. It's also interesting to see who they like.

Susan - The Kinks. Cool. I have never had a rattie but we have had hamsters and I just adore their little "hands". I hear that ratties are very smart. I know our hammies were. Do you work with rescue?

9/03/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home