Saturday, September 16, 2006

"You Say It's Your Birthday"
"Na na na na na na na na"
Today was Morgana Banana's 10th Birthday! We are having her party next weekend (Ice Skating) but she requested that we go out to her favorite restaurant for dinner tonight - Kabuto (Japanese Steakhouse - yuuuuummmmy). Grandma and her SO went with us and a great time was had by all.
Morgan is totally into Dragons and Dinosaurs (has loved Dino's from the time she was 2) so for her "big" present she got this roboraptor. I have to admit it is very cool.

She and I spent the day shopping - she got 3 new pairs of shoes and a ton of clothes. I even - for the most part - allowed her to pick them out. Sadly, I still dress the child every morning. She is an only child and just a wee bit spoiled. But she's a good kid - not spoiled as in bratty, just not much is asked of her and I do lots of little things for her that most kids her age have done for themselves for years probably. I am trying to let her grow up, but it's very hard. We still refer to her as "the baby". Pathetic really when you think about it LOL.

I did get a nice pair of really neat sandals for myself ($7 on sale, originally $44.95). As I have stated I hate shoes so the thought of wasting that much money unless they are Birks is beyond my grasp, but at that price they were too cute to pass up. (Ignore the ugly toes!!)

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan Gets Native said...

Happy birthday to Morgan!
And nice shoes! You go, bargain-hunter!

9/16/2006  
Blogger LauraHinNJ said...

Happy 10th Birthday to your little girl!

Love that pic of her cheering as she realizes what she got! My nephew had one of those things at Christmas and they are incredibly cool! I almost wanted one.

Spoil her - that's what daughters are for!

9/17/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home