Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Brown Thumb

Morgan finds Venus Fly Traps fascinating (and I have to admit I do too, I also love pitcher plants) and I keep trying to grow them for her. With little success. Much like the money I have wasted on Bonsai, the Venus Fly Trap refuses to thrive for me as well. I have followed the instructions to a T and yet they still wither. This one was 4 times this size when we bought it. I even went to the website of the grower to try to figure out what to do right this time but still no luck. It seems an easy enough, low maintenance plant by all accounts but not for me. We shall try to nurse this one through the winter, it has lasted longer than the others of the past. I will update our progress or lack thereof :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Susan Gets Native said...

Tahat is exactly how MINE looks right now. We use rainwater instead of tap water, we only feed it flies once a month, it's in the sun on the windowsill....I guess they just do better in the swamps of South Carolina.

9/26/2006  
Blogger Michelle said...

Good. So I am not the only one that can't grow these dang things :))

9/27/2006  
Blogger LauraHinNJ said...

I'm not much use with houseplants either.

9/27/2006  
Blogger Michelle said...

Hey Laura, how is that African Violet doing???? :)

9/28/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home