Friday, November 03, 2006

Plant Updates

Well, it's that time of year. I had to bring my plants inside as it is supposed to get down into the 20's tonight. Brrrrr. (Or as Morgan and I always say "brrr, brrr, I wish I had beagle fur" - some little silly song from Barney that we modified years ago) I have to keep most of my plants in the foyer because the bunnies are not trustworthy around them, even though the sunroom would be the perfect place for them.

The Venus Fly Trap finally bit the dust. I haven't broken the news to Morgan yet, perhaps I can run out and get a new one before she notices and gives me a bunch of crap for killing her plant.

Sadly, I believe the tomato plant is not far behind. It still has tons of fruit on it, but is withering before my very eyes despite my attention to it. It is on the shelf in the sunroom, so it is getting lots of light and it warm enough. Maybe some plants are just not meant to grow in winter. I think I will give it some miracle gro tomorrow and see if that helps. Probably not.

1 Comments:

Blogger LauraHinNJ said...

I hate bringing in the plants - they look so unhappy!

Our tropicals are in the basement and looking sad already.

11/04/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home