Thursday, February 15, 2007

"Sister Christian"

OMG. I have always hated this song. But I would say that 90% of the songs on my i-Pod have an event or a specific reference that I can relate them to. That is how music works for me. Anywho, I am cruising down the road today and there is a new radio station that plays everything and what comes on?????? "Sister Christian". Who do I think of - thanks to the old "What's on your i-Pod" question - but DH and Laura. So, *hangs head* the song now has a reference (and a funny memory) so I have to put it on mine too. *shaking head*

Sister Christian Oh the time has come And you know that you're the only one To say Okay Where you going What you looking for You know those boys Don't wanna play no more with you It's true You're motoring Whats your price for flight In finding Mr. Right You'll be alright tonight Babe you know you're growing up so fast And mommas worrying That you won't last to say Lets play Sister Christian There's so much in life don't you give it up Before your time is due Its true Its true................... Yeah............... Motoring What's your price for flight You got him in your sight And darling you look right Motoring Whats your price for flight In finding Mr. Right You'll be alright tonight Sister Christian Oh the time has come And you know that you're the only one To say Okay But you're motoring Yeah.................. Motoring................

4 Comments:

Blogger LauraHinNJ said...

So what's to hate about that song??

It reminds me of being in the 8th grade and graduating and feeling so grown up because I was starting high school.

I make some of the same associations with songs, like you. If you clicked on Judith's (from PB) latest video with Beezer and Sundae - that Cat Stevens song reminded me of being in college when I fist started to like Cat Stevens - and the parties and my Irish boyfriend..... a whole trip down memory lane. Will have to add some of his songs to my i-Pod to continue that trip. ;-)

How do you feel about Cat Stevens? Or should I be afraid to ask?

;-)

2/15/2007  
Blogger Michelle said...

I always think of Jim Croce for some reason (Cat's in the Cradle) when I hear of Cat Stevens. Oh Baby Baby it's a wild world. Yes, I like him.

"Sister Christian" always bugged me because what the hell does "motoring" mean? And I hated the video.

But now I have a reason to like the song :))

2/18/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cats in the Cradle - Harry Chapin's tune or Jim Croce as in Time in A Bottle, Bad Bad Leroy Brown? I grew up with my mom playing Jim Croce so I have fond memories of listening to his stuff, too.

I only liked the beginning part of Sister Christian. I didn't listen to much Night Ranger as a teenager. Tears for Fears, Depeche mode (early stuff) was more what would have been on my iPod....come to think of it, most of the stuff on the iPod is probably pre-1990!

2/22/2007  
Blogger Michelle said...

Hi Anne - thanks for stopping by.

Most of my stuff is from pre 90's too. I never liked mainstream stuff, you and I probably have similar tastes. My brother always teases me that I am stuck in the 80's - The Cure, DM, The Smiths, Hoodoo Gurus.

2/23/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home