Friday, January 19, 2007

Every Ting Irie Mon!

We are back from Jamaica - and trying to get back to real life. I had totally forgotten it was Christmas time and when we pulled into our drivedway was actually stunned to see decorations still up!!!
The above pic is of Luna. One of the dolphins we got to swim with. She took a liking to Doug and the trainer had to whistle for her 4 times after she kissed him before she would return.
It was an awesome experience - if you ever have the chance to swim with dolphins I highly reccomend it!

You can see the rest fo the dolphin pics as well as some of the birds, sharks, stingrays, turtles, ect here

We had a wonderful time. We also went on a catamaran cruise that stopped at Dunn's River Falls which we climbed - very cool.

HERE

WE

ARE!!

We met some very nice people - I must say Jamaicans are much nicer than the folks in Cabo. These were our favorites from the resort

They went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure we had anything we wanted. Christina (left) has an 11 year old son so we had a lot to chat about. I swear the woman never went home though. She would be there when we went to bed and there when we got up, but always had a smile on her face.

The best part of all though was my pal Malford (whom I neglected to get a picture of) who was a local vendor selling carved wood. He had lots of lizards, birds, fish, griaffes, etc. I asked him about bunny rabbits and he said he would make me one. Low and behold the next morn at 7am when I was walking to breakfast there he was with my bunny rabbit putting the last coat of shelac (sp?) on it. I was so pleased. So now I have a Jamaican bunny to talk to my Mexican bunny!!!!! I got a Giraffe too, which Doug thought was ridiculous since Giraffes don't live there but hey, I liked it!

Didn't think you would get through a whole post without seeing a bunny did you. LOL.

3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Okay folks - sorry the formatting is all skewed. It looks nice in draft mode but when I post it it's all wonky and I am tired of trying :)

1/19/2007  
Blogger Susan Gets Native said...

It's nice to see you back in the blogsphere.

I'm not a "beach" person, but Jamaica sounds like Heaven. And you have a new bunny thingy...what a nice thing for the guy to do that for you.

*All I can think right now is...."Every lidda ting, gonna be a right" I loves me some reggae.

1/19/2007  
Blogger LauraHinNJ said...

Those dolphins are so pretty and I love the pics of Doug swimming with them. Glad your time away was nice!

1/21/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home