Wednesday, August 09, 2006


Little Chief

Say hello to Chopper. He is my little snuggle bear. One of those bunnies that enjoys giving kisses as much as getting them. You could pet him all day and he would just soak it up. He's also a bit of a class clown. He likes to show off his maneuvers and does silly barrel rolls and delights in your laughter at his antics. He doesn't "get jiggy with it" as much as he used to, but when he's in the mood he can put on quite a show.

He's a 5 year old mini lop. I got him when we first moved to VA. I had dropped Morgan off at school (we were living with my Mom at the time while house-hunting) and went for a drive. I pulled into a shopping center and saw a store called "Noah's Ark". Sounded interesting enough so I went in. There, on the floor in an aquarium wedged between a cage of kittens and a tank with a snake was baby Chopper. I couldn't believe it. He was so tiny he fit in the palm of my hand. When I asked about the bunny they didn't even know how much to sell him to me for, nor did they even have anything to put him in (store sold no bunny supplies so you know he was supposed to be breakfast for a snake). They finally wrangled a box from the back, settled on $15 and home I went. I already had one bunny, and was very worried about what Doug (and my mother) would say, but Chopper charmed his way into everyone's hearts.

He's a darling bunny boy and has always been just a healthy happy fellow. He has helped me mourn the loss of 2 lady bunnies now, and we are very close. He's a most well behaved bunny, unlike some others I have - but we won't talk about that now. Chops loves his toys and tunnels (you can see him here throwing his bunny keys) and most of all being groomed by his hoomins and his lovely bride Tinkerbell. I was very lucky to wander into that *ahem* store in Sept of 2001, but I have never been back.

5 Comments:

Blogger LauraHinNJ said...

Michelle that first pic of Chopper is absolutely beautiful! He is so handsome and I feel like I can see straight into his heart through those dark eyes.

He's a key thrower too? So are my lop bunnies.

How about Tinkerbell, does she play with toys cause my big ones won't really, other than Boomer with his orange cups.

8/09/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chopper is da ALPHA buck of the warren there!

I am so glad you sent the links to me, as well as to the list. Chops was glad to see me the other day -well, as glad as he usually is!

8/10/2006  
Blogger Michelle said...

Thanks for stopping by Patricia. Chopper is a really friendly fellow, he just needs a few minutes to figure out whatdaheck is going on when something new happens. And well, let's face it, naptime is important time, and that usually when you visit :)

Glad you are having a good time in Sweden!

8/10/2006  
Blogger Michelle said...

Thanks Laura, I have always loved that picture of him, you can tell how soft he is! Tink does play with toys, but she prefers to dig *grrrrr* and climb.

8/10/2006  
Anonymous kelinci said...

Thanks for your story.
Kelinci
Holland Lop

10/27/2015  

Post a Comment

<< Home