Monday, August 07, 2006


My Shmoopy Dog

This is Chandler...when he was a baby. In Doug's quest to find his niche in life, one stop was as a door to door vaccuum salesman. One woman had a litter of beagles and Doug came home and asked me if I wanted a puppy. Duh. My brother happened to be visiting us in WI at the time and went with DH to pick out a puppy. I can still remember that puppy smell when Doug brought him into my office for the first time :)

Chandler is my baby, so much so that at times DH is jealous of him. He was Best Beagle in our wedding, and just the most wonderful dog - but don't call him that, he's unaware that he's not a person. Like Morgan, I could post and post and post stories about him. He's just .... my baby.


As you can see, he is getting older and his colors have changed. He's 11 1/2 now, and still my baby. I think he's such a handsome fellow. Old age is taking it's toll, he used to sleep with me, now he gets too hot and cranky, so he sleeps on a bed beside my side of the bed. But he snuggles with me first before he goes to bed at night, and in the morning he jumps back up to "get under the binkie" and snuggle. He has battled Leptosporosis and won, and has many lumps, bumps, warts, skin tags, etc (he would be one ugly looking dog if you shaved him down hahaha) but I am blessed that they are all benign and he is in general a pretty healthy pup.

5 Comments:

Blogger LauraHinNJ said...

Mmmm.. puppy smell. Not much better in the world than that!

Your pics reminded me of a funny quirk my Buddy has picked up lately - he has never shown an interest in getting up on the furniture (other than our bed - which is okay). Technically, he's not allowed on the furniture, but it's never been an issue until the last six months or so. We had decided to replace our couch and suddenly Buddy decided he wanted to start napping on it. Okay fine, we're getting rid of it. Now we have this pretty new set that I keep catching him up on! Don't have the heart to chase him off. But why now?

Chandler looks very spoiled and content in his chair.

8/07/2006  
Blogger Michelle said...

My mother had one of those living rooms you weren't allowed to sit in. On Chandler's first visit to VA he decided he liked the living room couch and Mom tried to shoo him off. He got grumpy with her and she resorted to putting slippers on her hand to get him off. We returned home to find a blanket covering the couch, and Chandler happily lounging on it. Mom and Chandler now have an understanding and love each other very much. All you have to say is "Grandma's coming over" and Chandler nearly pops at the seams.

Let Buddy have a nice nap :) What does it hurt really? He's such handsome fellow.

8/07/2006  
Blogger silverlight said...

Hey, give us an occaisional 'Chandler'Tail. Oops, I mean, tale. maybe he could have his own Blog?
He looks a sweet dog, Oh, er,ah- fur person.
I miss having a a dog. But, I no longer have the energy to take care of one. Sigh.

8/08/2006  
Blogger Michelle said...

Silverlight,

You know not what you ask :))

He is a pretty special doggy. He may seem like a grumpy old man these days, but in reality he puts up with a lot and wouldn't hurt a fly. He just likes to sass his Mommy LOL.

I will have to post the PB&J stories once I am done introducing the rest of the family :)

8/08/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, so Chandler-Bear and I had a discussion (and I have the scars to prove it) so we compromised. Being the good sport that he is, (cough) he held a grudge til his Mom was in the hospital having Morgan, leaving Chandler-Bear at my mercy! tee hee... revenge is sweet :-)After a couple of days we signed a peace treaty and life has been wonderful ever since. He's my bestest granddog in the world and is truly a miracle 'boy'.

8/30/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home