Saturday, August 05, 2006

A Bit About My DH



This photo surfaced a few years ago. It was taken during our first Christmas together. When Morgan first saw it she wanted to know who that lady was with me. Ha Ha! Yes, Doug had Rock Star Hair :)

I met Doug in a bar - and it's a very funny story for another time perhaps. But after the first meeting, I decided he was okay and we fell in love *insert sappy music and awww's*. We were in VA and he moved back to WI just 2 short months after we met. I spent the summer continuing to work and save money, then moved out to live with him in August. Talk about whirlwind. Thank goodness he wasn't a serial killer!

This is a recent photo taken of us on our trip to Cabo this past February. We had spent the day deep sea fishing, where I won $50 for being the first to puke on the boat. Lovely. And I have a dazzling sunburn to show for it! We had so much fun on that trip.

We have been together over 12 years now. We have watched many of our friends (and family) marry, divorce, and some re-marry. We both feel that we are very lucky to have found one another (which makes the "how we met" story even more funny. He is truly my best friend in the whole wide world and I would do anything for him, except laundry LOL.

2 Comments:

Blogger LauraHinNJ said...

Who is that lady? Too funny! He sure had some head of hair though - wow!

Did the 50 bucks make puking worth it? Great story - hope you'll keep this up!

8/05/2006  
Blogger Michelle said...

Yeah - DH thought he was sooo cool. And at the time I thought Eddie Veder (Pear Jam) was the hottest thing in town :)

Well, someone offered to sell me a pack of crackers for $50 to settle my stomach, DH said "she's not gonna pay you $50 buck for a pack of crackers" to which I replied "It's MY $50 bucks" ha ha. All in all it was better than shopping with the wives :)

Thanks for posting, I will make an effort to keep it up. DH wants me to as well, he said he knew the post was authentic and heartfelt when he read the laundry comment!

8/05/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home